FIrst day out on the road....Midway and Thomasville GA

Mileage Begin:      25,891          Departure From: Tom Brown Park Tallahassee Florida
Mileage End:         26,050         To:  Big Oaks Rv  4024 N Monroe St. Tallahassee, FL 32303 Park
NO OVERNIGHT

We took her out for a drive....paid about $1 more per gallon for diesel at 
https://locations.pilotflyingj.com/us/fl/midway/32670-blue-star-hwy

Flying J....great truck stop....diesel is TOO PRICY!!! I recommend their facilities as clean [not super clean] and plentiful.  I will rate this one as "any port in a storm" as a place you can get everything you need, even stay overnight....chances are at a premium compared to other choices.

The drive was peaceful and sunny....this Benz drives smooth like a car almost....just longer length...  The drive was Tallahassee, using Tom Brown Park as my home base....to Midway FL...to Thomasville GA.We

We parked next to the old county courthouse...the lawn is fenced now to keep dogs off, not people, so I walked on the grass much to the "chagrin" of my traveling cohort....What IS there to do in Thomasville?  I could look to an other, older travel blog I've done...this blog is fresh and I am writing about these places as they are now in 2022.

Let me say that Thomasville has changed a f***ton since I moved to Tallahassee in 1996...it used to be a struggling downtown with come/go businesses for a time...now it is bustling....historic....let's hope in a GOOD way...Thomasville has a dark history behind those big homes...71 plantations here in back in THE DAY...it is a beautiful downtown now with upscale shopping, places to eat and one of my favorite oddities...first my favorite shop is.....

Imagination Emporium...original interior...mezzanine level...don't miss this one...good story on the place is at this link: 
https://www.wtxl.com/community/totally-tallahassee/imagination-emporium-a-speciality-toy-store-creating-generations-of-traditions

Tallahassee/northern Florida and southern GA are full of beautiful oak trees, many that are old...this is the one to see in Thomasville...it's over 300 years old [see stats below]...


Okay getting tired of typing...a couple other sites is the railroad bridge at Cherokee Lake, says do not walk on....I always walk across it...this park is adjacent to the rose garden...

and of course the rose garden...

  We had a couple refreshments here...we met one of the general managers, a Tom, one of five at the moment....live music...got what we paid for there lol...


Ending with my favorite signs/sites I saw....and a postcard for mom....




Why not post your pictures on a blog....it gives your family something to see of you
after you have gone from the life adventure 
to your next adventure...



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

RVing...learning...a few short trips